Monday, June 25, 2012

4-H RoundUp

This year 4-H members from all across the state of Texas gathered in Lubbock, TX for the annual 4-H Round-Up. The members were asked to drop spare change into the bins located at the front entrance on there way into general assembly every day, totaling a $1,196.97 donation to Lubbock Habitat for Humanity.

Much like Habitat for Humanity, 4-H members dedicate themselves to serving the communities they live in. Every year Texas 4-H member donate there time and money to various community efforts. 4-H members pledge themselves to loyalty, service, and better living for themselves, there club, community, country, and world. If there donation to Lubbock Habitat is any indication, they are on the right track.

The 4-H pledge is:

I pledge my head to clearer thinking,
My heart to greater loyalty,
My hands to larger service
And my health to better living,
For my club, my community, my country, and my world

No comments:

Post a Comment